Bookings open for bulky waste collections
Bulky waste collections started in Gungahlin and Tuggeranong on 15 July 2020 for ALL households.
The existing service for concession card holders is still available in all ÑÇ²©¶Ä²© suburbs.
Book your FREE collection to save yourself a trip to the tip.
If you live in a multi-unit development with a shared waste enclosure, contact your body corporate or managing agent to make a booking and identify a suitable location for placement of the goods for collection.
Households receive a single collection per year of up to two cubic metres for items including damaged furniture and worn out household appliances.
- Furniture and household appliances
- Tools including garden equipment with batteries removed
- Timber up to two metres in length
- White goods and sinks
- Building materials/products (see list of excluded rubble)
- Metal products/scrap metal (including hot water systems)
- Electrical equipment with batteries removed
- Blankets, linen and manchester
- Automotive parts with fuel and batteries removed
- Camping and outdoor equipment
- Televisions and computers
- Mattresses and ensembles ($25 fee per mattress and $25 fee per bed base/ensemble)
For further information to prepare for your collection, view the frequently asked questions.
The service will be rolled out across the ÑÇ²©¶Ä²© as follows:
- 2021-22: Belconnen, Molonglo and Hall
- 2022-23: Woden Valley and Weston Creek
- 2023-24: Inner North and Inner South.
Residents can also visit the Recyclopaedia to find out how to correctly recycle or dispose of specific items.
* Please note that our booking forms are optimised for use with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari and mobile devices using these applications, and that Internet Explorer is not supported. If you are having trouble using Internet Explorer, please use one of the browsers listed above.
If you have an enquiry about the bulky waste collection service please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings for residents with their own bins
Bookings for dwellings with a shared waste enclosure