The map below displays current and upcoming road closures and footpath closures.
For more details, click on the appropriate icon within the map.
Use the key on the top left of the map to view the legend and switch layers on and off.
Current Road Closures Upcoming Road Closures
Current Footpath Closures Upcoming Footpath Closures
Roads ÑÇ²©¶Ä²© is a proud partner of the , where Roads ÑÇ²©¶Ä²© shares its road/footpath closures and Waze drivers communicate back real-time traffic congestions and incidents through the Waze app.
A live snapshot of congestions and incidents are displayed on the map for your reference.
These reports are user generated and MUST be interpreted with caution.
Roads ÑÇ²©¶Ä²© will endeavour to use this data to support investment decisions, improve traffic network and improve safety.
- Find out which roads are closed due to Fire Bans on the .
Roads most commonly affected by snow and flooding
Snow and floods can cause roads to be temporarily closed. The time for the closures can vary from several hours to several days depending on the prevailing weather conditions.
Under snowing conditions, the following roads are most commonly affected:
- Brindabella Road (Namadgi National Park boundary to NSW border)
- Corin Road (Woods Reserve to Corin Dam)
- Boboyan Road (Glendale Crossing to NSW Border)
- Mt Franklin Road (Bulls Head to Mt Ginini) (often closed for winter due to snow)
Under flooding conditions, the following river crossings are probably affected:
- Oaks Estate Road over the Molonglo River
- Coppins Crossing over the Molonglo River
- Uriarra Crossing over the Murrumbidgee River
- Point Hut Crossing over the Murrumbidgee River
- Angle Crossing over the Murrumbidgee River
Localised flooding of roads occurs in low lying areas following storms. There is no set pattern to these closures.
Bushfires, high winds causing damage, traffic accidents, landslides and other situations may cause many roads to be closed. The on duty field officers from Roads ÑÇ²©¶Ä²© immediately notifies Access Canberra when they become aware of the closure.
Please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit the for up-to-date information on urgent road closures as this page may experience delays in road closure notifications.
Information on is also available.